Thursday, August 5, 2010

Fire Escape

Ever since I moved into this building, I have pondered this fire escape. I have wondered what it might be like to have to use it; I have wondered what it might be like to have a rendezvous (or even a smoke) on it; I have wondered what it might be like to use it to go next door to borrow a cup of sugar; I have even wondered what it might be like to attempt to grow herbs in a pot on it (only to have some drunk kid try to knock the pot down the night it went out there...); and I have been wondering recently how it might come out having its portrait taken. My neighbour was clearly wondering what on earth I was doing, dangling out of my livingroom window with my camera this afternoon. I like the picture, though the fire escape clearly needs more than a scrub.

Hoping for an Escher effect.

1 comment:

  1. I like it. The angles are all really well-aligned and it gives you the sense of real height.

    ReplyDelete